As reported in the San Jose Mercury News. You’ve got to love Scott McNealy’s sense of humor. He’s a very good hockey player, by the way.
10. “I don’t have to apologize for stuff I say to Wall Street.”
9. “I’m no longer on the most overpaid CEO list.”
8. “I just say, ‘See Jonathan on that.’”
7. “I read The Hockey News without guilt.”
6. “I shave even less often.”
5. “I don’t have to sign the SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley) certification anymore.”
4. “I have someone to blame now.”
3. “I can sell my last business suit.”
2. “Jonathan doesn’t golf, so I guess I gotta do it.”
1. “My new office is VERY close to the men’s room.”
Powered by Qumana
“There are some changes going on at Sun. All of us in the leadership group are desperately trying to grow a ponytail right now”
That one was :))
BTW, will he now be relinquishing his trademark pony as well? ;-)
Never mind abt my last comment above.
Handing the reins over to Schwartz will be remembered as the last of many major blunders on McNealy’s part.
Wave good-bye to Sun. They’re following SGI down the tubes.
Never wanted to be a CEO myself.
Would rather be the power behind the throne.
Less likely to lose my head that way.
CEO… since I was a kid I always want to run my own companies, now that I do… I would never give up the challenges and achievements that they have given to my life. If you know what you are doing and are comfortable with what the position entails, then it is an incredibly rewarding career choice that sadly too few people ever get the luxury to enjoy.
Founder of http://myfoodcount.com
Free & Anonymous Health Monitoring